Beadboard Wainscoting Back-splash

Sometimes you are better off to go with your first instinct.  When it comes to your home and how you want things to look, it's better to think about designs, looks, styles, that you are drawn too.  We live in a cottage.  I like the cottage look.  I must have been demon possessed when we made the decision to go with a Tuscan looking back splash.  Not that there is anything wrong with a Tuscan back splash, it's just not a good look in our cottagey kitchen.  PLUS, the grout line between the counter top back splash and the tile never looked right to me.  The color was too dark and yucky.
Today, when my husband put on his "volunteer" t-shirt, was he in for it.
The demolition part wasn't too bad, but it is hard to tear up something that you worked hard on.  We were certain that this was the right thing to do.  Beadboard is to a cottage kitchen as cheese is to pizza.
I love the way it turned out.  After all, this is what I wanted to do three years ago.  When it comes to your home, go with your gut, and caution your husband about wearing volunteer t-shirts.  It might cause one to miss Sunday football.











No comments:

Post a Comment