The Stenciled Chest

Hello sweeties!  This has been a crazy week with projects.  I have spread myself a little thin around here jumping from one thing to another.  The playroom has been an ongoing project that I look forward to sharing with you soon, but in the mean time, our downstairs bathroom needed a fresh coat of paint so I decided it was as easy to paint two bathrooms as it was to paint one, so off I went.  The two bathrooms were painted yesterday, but I am working out a few details that involve shower curtains and sink skirts before I share those pictures with you.

One project that I have been able to finish though is for my son's room.  I have been obsessed with this chest from Anthropologie.  Isn't it nice?




I recently discovered this free program called paint.net that is similar to photoshop.  Today I used it to make a stencil.  First I picked out the font and size that I wanted to use and then I taped freezer paper to the computer screen.  Freezer paper is great for making stencils because it is coated with plastic and doesn't slip around.


 
I cut the stencil out with an exacto, then went to work stenciling.   The dresser only has two drawers that could be stenciled, but the result is the same.

 

  

  

 



No comments:

Post a Comment