To get the full effect, I always like to see the before and after. Above is what our kitchen used to look like.
We wanted open shelving here, but haven't taken the plunge. So, as an economical and temporary fix that just might be here a while, I removed the doors and painted the background gray owl. We also finished the beadboard on this side of the sink. I still need to get the correct switch plate covers and there is some touch up painting that needs to be done.
Breakfast area before.
Breakfast area after. Not a huge change, but the color is so fresh and airy now.
From the breakfast area before.
From the breakfast area after. It finally occurred to me to paint that ugly vent the same as the wall. Much better. You can also see Rosemary there to the left. She is going to another room and side table will go in this place. Does anyone have a good shade of peacock paint you would recommend? Also, the banquette cushion needs updating and I am considering a vinyl (something that can easily be cleaned). Any suggestions?


No comments:
Post a Comment