A Slipcovered Wingback Chair...Finally

This is a project that I have managed to drag out the entire summer.  Now that I think about it, I started this project last spring before school was out. 


This chair and its twin desperately needs to be reupholstered.  Until we save up for that, I wanted to make them "work" in our family room.  I have seen countless tutorials on how to make slip covers and have even checked out books from the library about the topic.  Reading those tutorials made my head spin and left me confused.  Thankfully, Miss Mustard Seed created a series of slip cover videos.  I seriously couldn't have taken on this project had it not been for the video series.  Seeing a slip cover actually being made helped me so much.


As you can see, it isn't perfect.  But,  I am thrilled with the outcome.  (The wonderful metal stool came from here.)





I used white duck canvas and washed it twice before I started.  Canvas usually costs around 5.95/yard.


One down.  One to go.  Here's to me finishing the next one before school is out in the spring ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment