Laura's Kitchen

A while back I dedicated a post to my friend Laura who at the time was renovating her kitchen.  She was curious about banquettes and wanted to incorporate one into her kitchen.  Laura has three boys, two of them twins, and she wanted to make the best use of space to accommodate her family.

The other day, Laura invited me down  I forced my way in to take pictures.


Here is a before shot of the kitchen.


And, here is the after.  I love how fresh and airy this room feels now.  The dark floors, the Windsor chairs - love.  Laura found a black and white trellis pattern in an outdoor fabric for the seat cushion which you see on the roll on the banquette.





A little nod to her three boys.  Touches like this really make a kitchen the heart of the home.



Laura chose this marble tile back splash and soapstone counters.  She loves her counters and they are gorgeous!  Thanks Laura - now I hate my granite counters.


Another choice that she is happy with is this big ole' apron sink.  Love that bad boy.





I spotted this dried arrangement in the dining room and just had to snap a picture.  I'm sure at this point Laura was wanting to kick me out.  Isn't her dining room beautiful?!

Thanks so much for letting us stalk your house Laura!

No comments:

Post a Comment