Welcome to the Room By Room party! This month we are taking a look at kitchens. I know that many of you agree when I say this...the kitchen is the heart of the home. No matter how big or small, the kitchen is where everyone ends up during a gathering. What is it about kitchens that we all love?
Our kitchen is always a-buzz with hungry kids in & out all day (and depending on who is here, all night). When family & friends come over this is where we hang out. Memories are made here. Love.
If you are new to my blog, these are the growth charts that I blogged about here. I made them many years ago and it has become a tradition to measure the boys on their birthday. If you suspect that your kids will be taller than six feet you might want to make yours longer than I did. Ask me how I know :) The chalk board on the pantry door is there for a running grocery list, but in between I like to have a little fun just to see if anyone will notice. The butler's pantry is a dumping ground for everything. I am constantly cleaning up this area. The paper trail makes me crazy, but I have found that everything looks better in a glass container. So I started keeping bills, etc. in this trifle dish. Wish I had thought of it years ago.
The spice rack is handy by the stove. You can read about it here. Inspired by Mom, Rick makes fresh bread every couple of days or so. On the weekends it sits out and we all walk by and take a nibble or three. The rug came from here and the "I love you like biscuits & gravy" print came from here. I won the apron in a giveaway a couple of years ago and it came from here. The beadboard back splash was a very easy DIY project. I would love to have tile here one day.
This is a project I just finished over the weekend. I should probably share the details in another post because there is a lot going on here.
I always wanted open shelving and when Rick and I could not make up our mind we decided to take the doors off the existing cabinets. We really like it this way and I am always changing things around. These are the dishes we use every day and it is so convenient to reach up and grab a dish when we need one. I would still love to have open shelves here, but taking the doors off has at least helped. The collection of milk glass on top is thrift store finds and the milk glass basket belonged to my late grandmother. I blogged about the roller shades here.
I have received so many comments on the drum shades in our kitchen. And, I have begged Rick for years to spin them around so that the seams don't show, but here we are with the seams still showing. Whatever. I do love them and you can read about them here. The plate wall is a combination of ironstone and spray painted plates and you can read about them here.
Now it is time for you to link your kitchens. Remember to enter the link to your post and not your blog url. Try to visit others when you get a chance. Thanks for joining in!
***Also check out the current giveaway here - The Meghan Method.***




No comments:
Post a Comment