I do not have before pictures to share, but trust me when I say this is such a gorgeous improvement and it really feels like a completely different room than before. Mom and D had initial meetings with the contractor who made some nice recommendations for re-arranging appliances to make the most of the kitchen's footprint. Before the remodel, you would walk right into the refrigerator from the back door (which is to the left in the above picture). Now, the refrigerator is tucked away near the breakfast room.
The stove was relocated where an old pantry was eliminated. All of this made such a better use of space!
Mom had her own ideas of how she wanted things to look, but the two of us had fun visiting her local suppliers for tile, granite, sink, wall paper, etc. She knew she wanted a classic, clean, and fresh kitchen that both she and D would enjoy for years to come. And I think she achieved this!
Mom had already chosen granite and when she described it to me, I'll be honest, it sounded a little "iffy". She took me to see it in person and I liked it a little better. Bottom line - I wanted her to be happy, and she loved this granite. After seeing it come to life (so to speak), I believe she made the right choice. There is so much character in the larger pieces and the colors are very refreshing!
Mom had also already made a sink selection, but I did have to open my big mouth and show her this option by Kohler. The lower bridge makes cleaning large pots a breeze! And a double basin is a must! Mom had this same faucet in her mountain house and really liked the ease and simplicity of it so that was a no brainer for her. I love that she went with the simple white subway tile backsplash!
The cabinets are all custom made by a local cabinet maker who did an amazing job!
The breakfast room received new wall paper and I love how simple it is - a pattern that has longevity.
Sources:
Contractor - Trollinger Construction
Cabinets - East Randolph Cabinet Shop
Wall Color - Sherwin Williams Silverpointe 7653
Granite - Schneider Stone, Costa Esmeralda
Wall Paper - Thibaut, Trellis
Stay connected:


No comments:
Post a Comment