Murano + Burano Italy (Part Two)



Continuing with the re-cap of Italy, today I'm sharing snippets from Murano & Burano, lovely little gems indeed.  Both islands are just a hop skip and a boat ride away from Venice.


If a ride on a speed boat in Italy doesn't get a teenager excited, then nothing will!  Our first boat had a swank red interior which made the trip even more fun, ha!


Our tour guide, Nadia, had us all stand up at the end of the boat for a quick pic.  Fun!



The first stop of the day was at the Murano Glass Factory, in...you guessed it, Murano.  We could have stayed there all day!  Watching these guys work with glass was truly amazing!  Glass blowing is a skill that is passed down from generations.  Only a few become master glass blowers.  Here, they are making a custom chandelier using 14K gold.

Picture from the showroom


Next stop Burano!  We all fell in love with the colorful homes on the water!  Nadia told us the homes were painted in bright colors to help the soldiers find their home upon returning from sea.  Like Venice, there are pretty flowers and window boxes everywhere you look.







We enjoyed a delicious lunch on the water at Gatto Nero.  I think someone was a little surprised when his shrimp scampi arrived, hee-hee.  And by the way, I've gotten quite used to having proseco at lunch!



We stopped into Martina Vidal to see the world famous lace.  The store is full of exquisite lace, table linens, and bedding.  I fell in love with one of the cashmere and lace scarves, and then I saw the price (yikes!).

 masks everywhere

 when you get thirsty, you drink from the fountain :)



I hope you didn't fall asleep.  Thanks for letting me share!

No comments:

Post a Comment