One Day, or Should I Say, One Month

Sometime in the near future, when I am not working, volunteering, or otherwise pre-occupied with stuff, I am going to go through every room in the house and purge.


If we haven't used it, touched it, or tripped over it in the last year, out it goes.



Is it bad if I don't ask the person that the item belongs to before I, a-hem, get rid of it?  You are doing that person a favor...right?



Spring cleaning in January.

 

Each room deserves its own day.



Some rooms may take longer than others.

 

Maybe by purging one or two rooms a week, it won't seem so overwhelming.



Then, once each room has had its day, I plan to host a swap meet. 
For those who don't know what this is, you simply bring an item or two that you no longer want to my house and you get to shop from all of the junk that other people bring.  There is a little more to it than that, but you get the basic idea.  Better Home and Gardens talks about the concept in the January issue.

Is anyone interested?  The more the merrier...and the better the shopping.

Photos: Country Living and Home Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment