Weekend Finds

 Over the weekend, I visited some fabulous antique and thrift stores.


Do you remember the ivy topiaries that I made last fall?  Well they are still alive.  I will give you a moment to recover before sharing my find with you.

Tip:  ivy attracts scale and spider mites.  To prevent this, spray plant once a week with the kitchen sprayer.

Here is the find...

 

a wooden crate perfect for holding plants in the kitchen window.

I can even picture it filled with candles on a summer night, or gardening supplies.


 For now it is going to sit right here and hold the ivy.


Here is my other find for $5.  I didn't realize I needed this funky mirror until I saw the price.  All it needs is a coat of paint.  What do you think ladies...white?



I also picked up a chair that I cannot wait to get my hands on.  It was too big to bring back from the mountains unless we left one of our children or the co-editor behind.  Well school starts tomorrow, so the kids had to come with us...ha ha.  The co-editor does my proof reading and I need her.

The chair will come on the next trip...



    No comments:

    Post a Comment