Pine-cones, in my opinion, are the symbol of winter.
I love bringing the outdoors into our home to use as decorations. The texture, shape, and color of pine-cones easily fit into any decor and shopping the yard is easy, affordable, and simply pretty.
I wanted to show you different ways that I have used pine-cones around our home.
I love to use glass domes and cloches to decorate. They are easy to change out with seasonal items such as nests, seashells, or in this case, pine-cones. Wouldn't this be pretty using a pewter plate?
Pine-cones are perfect for holding an arrangement in place, in this case, an arrangement of sticks from the garden.
Here I took a metal container, lined it with a sheet of moss, then added guess, pine-cones.
I hung these cones with burlap ribbon in December to add a touch of Christmas to our sun-room. They will probably remain here until spring.
Fill an old lantern with pine-cones.
One thing that is really pretty to me is combining rustic and fine elements such as this example of silver and you guessed it, pine-cones.
Pine-cones really don't require any container at all and can simply sit there.
What do you do with pine-cones? Talk to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment