A few weeks ago, I shared some of the treasures with you that I found in the mountains. There was a chair that didn't fit into the car with four people, one dog, and a whole lot of luggage. Well, I have the $10 chair now and here it is.
Isn't it great? Now, I love painted furniture, but am not one to paint just any old thing. My parents taught me to appreciate antiques and that there are some things you paint, some things you refinish, and some things that you leave alone altogether. We believe the wood is walnut and the finish is in good enough shape that it will not need to be refinished.
I love all of the detail in the woodwork.
My questions to you is what fabric would you cover it with? Do you think slip cover or upholstery? White canvas or twill. Pattern or no pattern? Stripes?
Talk to me.
Oh, did I mention that the plate wall was featured on The Design File? I was quite honored when Lesley asked my permission to feature the wall. If you haven't checked out this site yet, I highly recommend it. She shares great design ideas that she finds around the web. Check it out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment