Thrift Store Chair Reveal

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." ~ Coco Chanel

Having access to so many talented and creative people is one of the things that I enjoy most about blogging.  Whenever I need an opinion on a paint color, a fabric, or an arrangement, there you are ready and willing to provide input.  Thank you for holding my hand through all of this ~ having a sounding board certainly makes  some of those decisions  more bearable.

Last week I asked for advice on this chair.


Most of you responded that a white slipcover would look nice and yes, it would.  I still might make one just for the heck of it, but truthfully, we needed a little excitement around here so I went with something different.


A few years ago, an acquaintance  entered our home and began to grumble about blue and how she didn't like it, particularly blue with green.  My insecurities got in the way and so I began working to eliminate blue, particularly blue with green.  Ten years later and a lot more gray hair, I realize that it is important to do what you like and to feel good about it.  There, that feels good.


So, here we are with a blue chair.  You could say that this is a statement chair of sorts...or a mid-life crisis chair I suppose.  Anyway, blue is back.  Welcome home blue!  I've missed you.



No comments:

Post a Comment