Cute Roller Shades on the Cheap

kIf one theme is consistent in the decorating world, it is finding less expensive ways to beautify our homes.  Thrift stores have gained popularity and do-it-yourselfers are doing it themselves more than ever.  That is why when I read the March issue of Southern Living I was excited to see great ways to embellish cheap roll up shades.
 
I love this stenciled shade.  Over the years I have done many a stencil project, but I do believe something this small would be a breeze.  I especially love the pop of red on the window below.  There are so many stencils and colors, the sky is the limit.


This monogram by sunny's paint is my favorite.  I love a preppy monogram.  Used in a room with only one window, this would be so charming.  I'm thinking about my son's room and how the tailored look could easily go in a boy's room. Top it off with a pelmet box or keep it simple as seen above.

No comments:

Post a Comment