Brass Love

Thrift store shopping is by far one of my favorite things to do.  At least once a month, Mom and I get together and wander through our favorite stores.  We never know what we will find, but one thing is certain, we will find something.  Many of you don't like brass and cover it with spray paint, but I love it ~  especially old, heavy brass.  Brass is one thing that I am always on the hunt for.



One time Mom and I were in a thrift store in Boone and I found a brass tray with a bamboo gallery that I loved.  I carried it around the store planning to purchase it and at the last minute decided to put it back.  I have regretted that decision every since then.  It didn't help that Eddie Ross blogged about the lovely brass tray that he found shortly after the one I let get away.

Fortunately we were able to find another one.  Actually two; a big tray and a small tray.

Dirty Martini anyone?

 

The little tray is in our kitchen holding hand-soap and lotion, but I think it would be pretty in a bathroom filled with colorful nail polish or other toiletries.

 The best way to clean brass is with Bar Keeper's friend, found in the cleaning aisle near the Comet, etc.  Apply a little elbow grease and brass cleans up like a charm.



No comments:

Post a Comment