For starters, I recommended that the walls be painted white. Also, the wall beside the table is quite large and was calling for a sideboard or hutch. Another issue was that the ceiling fan/light isn't centered over the table and did not provide adequate lighting for dining.
Here are just a few more examples of wood cabinets with white walls. I do believe it is my new favorite combination.
House to Home
Rue
Pinterest
So far, my client has painted the walls white and moved the hutch that was in the kitchen area over to the dining area. Here is what it looks like now. You can see the table is more centered under the light. I also love that they have a fireplace right beside the dining table. I can picture them in the winter cozied in with a fire in the fireplace and a big bowl of chili.
With these simple changes the room already looks lighter.
With these simple changes the room already looks lighter.
Another recommendation is to paint the island a creamy white and add corbels to the under-hang which my client is up for. Now for the finishing touches...
I cannot wait to see this all come together and will share updates as I have them.
My design services are available both in the Greensboro area and through E-design. For more information go here. I love to work with any budget.
My design services are available both in the Greensboro area and through E-design. For more information go here. I love to work with any budget.

No comments:
Post a Comment