Does anyone remember this chair? Not my favorite subject, but just wanted to give you an update. To be honest, I worked on it for about a day after I posted about it. Then I did something that makes perfect sense, I started making slip covers for the wingback chairs. More on that at a later date. Anyway, this week, in between sanding and priming the table and shelves, I faced my fears and began working on the channel back chair again.
Here she is in all her splendor. I went with double welt cording for the trim detail instead of braiding. Apparently 12 year old boys have an opinion on how chairs should look and they can be outspoken about it. Actually, I think it was a good call.
(my 15 year old started driver's ed this week)
We are off to a sporting event that will take up most of the weekend. Young mamas who think it gets easier when your babies get older - have I got news for you. When kids get bigger: 1) they eat more 2) they cost more 3) they do more. You will find yourself in your house in 10 minute increments throughout the day wondering if you have time to do a load of laundry or prep dinner. You will realize that you have time for neither. Later, when you come home everyone will ask you what is for dinner and when their clothes will be clean. This is not a complaint, just keeping it real.
Happy weekend! You all are wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment