Black interior doors have certainly made their way around the blogs lately and how could you not love them for the pop they bring to a space? I actually considered painting our front door black on the inside, but decided to try something different.
Did I mention that the family room and entry have been painted BM White Dove? That's right, and this means no more happy tape. In its place is a large mirror which does wonders for opening up the not so grand foyer. I really should be ashamed of myself for changing this little space so many times, but I think I've finally figured out this ill arranged area.
Here is a workinprogress shot of the mirror before I painted it. It is now black and hanging on the wall - pictures to come. Today's tip: Make any room instantly appear larger by using a mirror. So this brings me back to the front door. Painting it black and the mirror black and the rail black seemed like too much of the same. So for something a little different, I painted it blue.
Here it is with the first coat of paint - and doesn't Mr. look happy watching the World Cup? Any soccer fans out there?
I never thought I would say this, but this room is quickly becoming my favorite room. Which reminds me, I am really excited to announce a new series here on the blog called, "My Favorite Room". I have an incredible line-up of guests who are going to share their favorite rooms with us beginning this Wednesday. Don't we all love to see real homes where real people live? This should be lots of fun so stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment