About the Butterflies...

When I shared pictures from the kitchen last week, a few of you inquired about the butterflies.  I know there must a million and three butterfly projects around the blogs, and here is one more.

I used unfinished shadow boxes from AC Moore that I bought with a coupon.  The must have cost around $5 after the coupon.  I primed and sprayed them with a can of glossy black on the exterior and white on the inside edges.  The inside backs were rough so I used spray adhesive to line the backs with white card stock.


These are the butterflies I used.  They are made of thin wood and are located in the scrap book section at Micheals.  I think they were around $2 after the coupon.

I played around with several different arrangements, but finally settled on this one with the blues together and the yellows together.  They were attached to the shadow boxes using a hot glue gun.  I'm tempted to go back and get another set to fill them in more, but for now they make me happy.



****

In case you missed it, I am having a giveaway on etsy.  Read about it here.  Also, in case you don't follow me on facebook or twitter, the burlap placemats are back by popular demand.  After many requests for them I decided to add them back to the store.  You all sure know how to make a girl feel loved ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment