How to Grow Succulents & a 20% Off Sale

I hope that everyone had a nice weekend and made it through the storm.  We were lucky to escape with only high winds thankfully.


Over the weekend I visited my local nursery in search of succulents.  I had so much fun talking to the nice man about growing conditions, etc. and thought I would share his tips in case you are interested in growing succulents yourself.


Succulents drink a fair amount of water, but it is important that they have good drainage.



They also prefer bright light and would be very happy in a sunny window.  Bright indirect light is best.



Succulents can grow in all sorts of containers.  I really like this terrarium style with the soil on the bottom and grit or gravel on top.


I chose three succulents to try thinking our kitchen window would be the perfect sunny spot.  The soil that was recommended was this cactus mix which provides good drainage.  I started with small plants because I like to watch things grow. 



 Here they are all potted up in our kitchen window.  Does anyone remember Smith & Hawken (the catalog)?  I have had this copper tray from the old Smith and Hawken days.  Our window boxes came from there too.  Gosh I miss that catalog.


Have you tried succulents?  If you like the look, but don't have a green thumb, you can find a tutorial for a faux succulent terrarium right here.  Enjoy your day.


******

I have extended the sale in my etsy store.  Use promo code THANKYOU2 at checkout to receive 20% off.  Sale ends Wednesday.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment