Monogrammed Box


 This is a painting that Mom and I found in a thrift store for a song.  I am always drawn to images of water scenes and boats so this piece just had to come home with me.  I really wanted to pull an accent color from the painting to break up all the blue and white in the sun room and I thought the coral/orange shades would work well.


Boxes are a great way to bring in color and provide extra storage.  If anything can look good and give me another place to squirrel something away then win - win.  We have boxes all over the house and they mostly hold old cards and letters (something I have a difficult time throwing away).  I decided to paint the box you see above with paint left over from this project.




After applying 3 coats of paint to the box sanding in between, the next step was adding a monogram.  My inspiration for this project came from this umbrella stand and this box.


To come up with my own monogram, I sketched out the letters on copy paper until it looked "right" to me.  Then I placed the paper over the box and re-traced the design pressing hard enough to make a slight impression in the wood.  The final step was filling in the design with white paint.


I really like the pop of color it gives the room. 


The boys have been gone all week and I have been wrapping up lots of projects.  Come back next week to see what I did with this....

Have a great weekend!

Joining Metamorphosis Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment