My Favorite Room: Fran of Green Street



Today we have Fran of Green Street here to talk about her favorite space.  I am especially grateful that she could squeeze in a visit with us today.  Fran and her husband are expecting their second baby and planning a move to Vienna, Austria.  Welcome Fran!



Thank you Rene for inviting me to participate in your series!  Is it me or is it hard to pick a favorite?  I've been going back and forth trying to select my favorite.  I finally decided I would share my favorite space.  I'm not sure you would officially call it a room, but it's an important space because it is the first thing you see walking up our stairs and it is the entryway to all the rooms upstairs.


This space was a labor of love - from painting the stripes to the painstaking task of finding a cool flush mount ceiling light (for very low ceilings).  Practically everything in this space was furnished with items I already owned except for the 'For Like Ever' poster and the ceiling light.  


This used to be a really bland and boring hallway/landing, but now it is a warm, cozy and unexpected space that makes me really happy every time I walk upstairs.  Here is the before:


If you're interested in how the stripes were painted on the wall, you can go here.  I was pleasantly surprised at how the stripes made such a big impact in a small space.  By looking at the before picture, I never thought my upstairs hallway/landing would eventually become one of my favorite spaces!!  It's amazing what a little paint and a couple of details can accomplish!

*****

Fran, the landing is so light and airy now.  I can see how this could be your favorite space.  Thanks so much for being my guest today!  To visit Fran's blog go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment