Now & Then

I thought I would share this post with you in case you missed it a while back on Emily's blog.  I have really enjoyed the series called Now & Then that takes a look at decor from the past and how our tastes have changed over time.  I'm pretty sure we all have pictures that make us cringe - whether it is an old hairstyle or a paint color.  Anyway, here is a look at my "now & then"...

Now:


Then:

What makes me cringe when I look back:

Our home had become a big sea of brown lacking contrast and color.  Also, for too long I tried to "float" the sofa and chairs in our family room.  For traffic flow purposes and overall comfort, our room works better with the sofa anchored against the wall.

What I love most about my home now:

I love the fresh and airy feeling in our home now.  Even on the darkest day, the inside feels open and light.  I like that there is a good mix of old and new so that each room feels collected over time.

The biggest influence in my evolving style has been:

The biggest influence on my evolving style has been magazines, blogs and e-zines.  I have spent countless hours studying images and trying to pinpoint my style.  Through this process, I have learned that a collected look is what I love the most. 


***


Have a great weekend and I hope to see you Monday at the "Room by Room" party.


http://www.etsy.com/shop/cottageandvine

No comments:

Post a Comment