Craving Clean & Simple

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was nice.  After the rain passed and we were able to get outside and enjoy the fresh air.  Yesterday I picked up some humongous mums in a burnt orange and cannot wait to plant them in our urns on the front porch.  I have never been a mum person, but for some reason I wanted to give them a try this year.  I am also looking forward to sprucing up the window boxes with some cheerful white pansies very soon.  Hopefully I will share more on that later this week.


My mind is racing with lots of little things that I want to do around the house.  My goal is to be caught up by the holidays which will be here soon, by the way.  I know we all joke about our rooms never being finished, but doesn't a finished room sound dreamy?  A room where you sit there and think, wow, this is perfect.  Am I dreaming or do people really say this?  Sometimes I wish I was more like my clients and would just finish something.  One area that has been under construction is the master bedroom.  How many of you are gagging at the mere mention of my bedroom yet again?  It has been a place for experimenting with bookshelves, bedding, and burlap which was all well and good, but now I am ready to settle down and enjoy a serene space for once and for all.  The bedding that I mentioned in an earlier post once again turned out to be too busy for my taste so out it went.  Also, I was tossing around paint colors for a while and even asked for your advice.  Thank you for bringing me back down to earth and convincing me to go with a lighter color.  I have chosen Frosty White by Sherwin Williams.

 Fearrington (this is not the color...I just wanted you to see the gorgeous mantel)

Frosty White is on the same strip as the color I initially fell in love with (Aloof Gray) at Fearrington Village near Chapel Hill.  I painted our dining room a shade down on that same strip with Sensible Hue.  I really like that strip of grays.

Hoping to keep myself on task, I made a mood board.  It is really the bare bones, but that is kinda what I want now.  A clean simple oasis without a lot of fuss.  Anybody else out there craving a clean and simple oasis?  So here it is....


So far, I have the pillows, bedding, rug, and mirrors.  I am currently hitting the vintage venues for some special lamps and maybe even some cool pierced mid-century ones if they fit the budget.  Now for matchstick/bamboo shades and paint.  I would also like to add a few pillows to the window seat in monochromatic shades.  And, I'm considering a little diy art canvas inspired by one of these lovelies

I'm off to the paint store.  Have a great day!
*******

Just in case you didn't see it on twitter or facebook, I am having a 40% off sale in my etsy store.  Use promo code COTTAGEANDVINE at the checkout.  If there is something you want buy it now because I will be taking down most of the inventory soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment