DIY Dyed Curtains

When I set out to lighten up our family room, it seemed that everything I chose was white.  White slipcovers, white curtains, white walls, etc.  It looks great in magazines right?  After adding all of this white, my husband and I decided the room needed more color somewhere.  I have been drawn to blue curtains lately - especially against white walls.  Here are a few examples...



Decor Pad


The image below is from our living room.  The curtains are linen Ritvas from Ikea I purchased for around $35/pair. 


Over the weekend I picked up 2 boxes of denim blue rit dye.

I followed the directions on the box and here is the result...


They need to be pressed a little better, but you get the idea.  Much better. 

Additional questions answered here.


*****Just a reminder that the Room by Room link will remain open until this Friday if you would like to link your family room or explore the links.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment