Room by Room: Living/Family Rooms

Welcome to the "Room by Room" party!!  My apologies for being a bit late to the party.  I always like to make a grand entrance.  Ha!

This month we are taking a look at living/family rooms.  If you missed the party last month where we shared entryways & foyers, you can check it out here and the highlights here.

Our family room has been going through a metamorphosis, and still isn't finished, but I will show you what I have so far...




I am in need of "cozy" pillows and would love something in a rich velvet for the cooler months.  Maybe an indigo blue?


A little shot of the beginnings of a gallery wall all painted by family and friends.  Love those little reminders.  You can read about the slipcovered chair here.


The TV is officially mounted over the fireplace.  I fought it for years, but it turns out to be the best scenario in our little family room with its bagillion doorways, windows, and staircase.  The walls are plaster and the wall on the other side is brick so drilling into the wall wasn't an option.  I painted the cords to match the wall and we stapled them as closely as possible to the mantle.  I can share more details in another post if anyone wants them.  The vase came from Joss & Main.  Did anyone see the collection curated by Caitlin Wilson?  Everything in the collection was beautiful and I wanted it all, but settled for this "Harriet Vase".  Love, love, love it!

Does anyone remember this piece?  It is almost finished, but you can at least get the idea.  I still have a couple of spots to patch and repair, but wanted to show the direction.  I contemplated keeping it black, but am so happy that I went with white.  I will share more about this in a later post.


Here is one of my favorite pieces of art by my blogging friend Heather.  Pretty much everything in this image came from a thrift store other than the Heather's abstract & the topiary which I made.


I'm still in the market for a fireplace screen and andirons, but I did bring in a bucket of sticks to add an organic element.  Girlfriend thinks they are for her and has made several attempts to pull out a stick to chew on ;) .  I think she likes the blue curtains also.

Let's party!  Grab a button or at least link back to this post so that others can join in.  Try to visit a few of the links - it is nice to mingle after all.  I cannot wait to see your rooms!  Thanks so much for coming!
 
Cottage and Vine 

No comments:

Post a Comment