Christmas at Mom's

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that Santa brought you something extra special.  We have been relaxing and enjoying some serious "down time".  We always enjoy spending Christmas Eve with my family and Mom has the touch when it comes to decorating.  I thought you might enjoy seeing pictures of her Christmas decorations (if you aren't tired of looking at Christmas decorations yet).

This is a boxwood wreath, made by Mom, hanging on the inside of the front door.  She stuffed the top with feathers and in the bottom rests a peacock.  I adore this wreath!


In years past, Mom is known to make a centerpiece that is so tall that we cannot even see over.  This year, she went with a low arrangement of boxwood, golden pears, and white nandina berries.  I think this is my favorite arrangement she has ever made.

This is a table in the breakfast room.  Mom stuffed an old sugar cane mold with fresh fruit & greenery.  I need to remember this for next year.


Mom picked up these trees at a local florist and rested them on a bed of fresh cypress.  She added the gold beads, lights, and pine cones and it is simply beautiful.



 Mom has quite the collection of carolers.  This year she had them on display in the den which is a dark, cozy room with lots of built-ins and paneling.  I am not usually a fan of dark rooms like this, but somehow this room in one of my favorites.
I hope you enjoyed a little peek into Mom's style.

No comments:

Post a Comment