Hi There



I'm just popping in to check in.  Some of you are aware of recent events in our family, but I just wanted to give a little more detail so that no one worries. 

***


Sunday afternoon, my husband and I received a phone call from a stranger who happened to be going for a walk where our youngest son was riding his longboard with a friend.  She told us that he had broken his arm.  While the break could have been much worse, it was one that required surgery as both the radius and ulna were broken and the skin was punctured.  This is gross, but the bones had come out and gone back in which means the wound was dirty requiring an additional procedure in surgery to clean out the area.  This also required a 24 hour IV with antibiotics which meant two nights in the hospital.  Surgery began around 10:00 Sunday night and ended around 1:00 am Monday.  He was then transported to a hospital that has a pediatric unit for his stay. 


Until yesterday we weren't sure whether Parker would have full feeling and use of his fingers so yesterday  when those fingers all wiggled we were very happy.  We came home yesterday and have settled in to our new routine of showering, eating, etc.  He is right handed and of course the injury was on his right arm, but he is such a trooper that he never complains.  As a matter of fact if I say something like, "I'm cold", he tells me to quit whining with a big smile on his face.

So here we are, ready for Christmas only things are a little different now.  I am thankful for my friends and family, the kindness of strangers, and that this is no worse than it is. 

The Christmas linky party will remain open until Friday and favorites will be posted Saturday.  Enjoy your week.

Images: {1} {2} {3} {4}

No comments:

Post a Comment