A Closet Reveal & Get It Together Party!!!

Hey everybody!  I hope you all had a great weekend and were able to do something fun and relaxing.  I cannot wait to see what projects you have been working on.

Last week, I shared a sneak peek of my little "walk-by" closet.  Our house was built in the 30's and while it has lots of charm with moldings, hardwood floors, etc. the closet space is somewhat limited.  To make the most use of space in my closet, we took down the single door and opened up the front of the closet to accommodate double doors.  This gave me full access to each side of the closet and also gave me a space to hang canvas storage bags for shoes.  The closet itself is 24"x50" and as you will see, I have maximized storage.


I really wanted my closet to make me smile when I open the doors, so I decided to add some decorative paper to the shelf area.  Here is a shot of the closet before I added the paper

I wasn't sure how to hang the paper, but knew that it would need to be something that could easily be removed one day.  I decided on poster tape and was happy with the results.

 

Viola!  I would love to replace the hangers with some of the ultra thin flocked hangers, but haven't gotten around to it yet.


Some things that make this little closet work overtime are:  the shoe bags, the plastic bin holding belts, gloves, hats, and etc.


You can't really see it in the big picture, but this drop down rod is wonderful because it gives me a second row for hanging skirts, jeans, & pants.

I found these pretty hooks at Anthro and use them to hang things I reach for often such as robes & scarves.
The big white storage boxes came from Walmart.  You can find similar at Ikea.  I love these boxes for holding off season shoes and purses.



Now for the party...

What to bring:  a post involving organization.  This could be a recent organizing project or organizing tips & tricks.  Be sure to link back and also try to visit others who have joined the party.  Thank you for coming!!!

Cottage & Vine 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment