Back to design. I am working on a couple of client projects that have large empty wall spaces. This is always a great place for shelves if you don't already have them in the room. There are so many ways you can go with this.
I love, love, love this idea of stacking Ikea shelves (4 total) to achieve this look.
Another Ikea hack is to trim out a bookcase and use strategic lighting to give it a more custom look.
Five narrow bookcases side by side with task lighting do the trick.
This works for me on so many levels. With photographs and art work there you almost don't see the stacks of magazines.
These are actually built-ins, but I love the idea of wrapping a corner using two bookcases butted up together.
This might be a better example.
If white bookcases aren't your thing, I always, always love seeing a secretary or hutch filled with books and interesting items to add height to a room.
I'm off to the races. Have a great day!


No comments:
Post a Comment