Home »Unlabelled » A Break From the Norm
A Break From the Norm
6:31 AM
apa ya
Hi friends. Just popping in for a moment today. If you follow on instagram you might already know that our town was covered in ice last Thursday night. Over 100,000 folks were without power including us. I know it sounds crazy, but I find power outages a bit exciting. Being without electricity causes us to pause and step back from all those things we "think" we should be doing. We talk more. We notice more. We connect and share thoughts. I'm thankful we had hot water for showers and a gas stove to heat our food. My candle hoarding tendencies paid off as we had candles in every room at night. We all agreed that the candle light part wasn't so bad.
Yesterday my family and I worked all day to clear the debris that had fallen (mostly from the magnolia tree) in our yard. It was nice to get out and work hard even if it was storm related. Shortly after we were finished that power came on. Much better than the Wednesday at 11:30 PM time we were given by the power company! Unfortunately others are still waiting for their power to be restored including schools. Needless to say schools are out (again) today.
In other news, we finished the navy bedroom! I can't wait to share pictures with you later this week. Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment