Now Wear This

Raise your hand if you're ready for spring.  Now raise your hand if you're tired of everything in your closet. Ha!  I'm just a wee bit tired of my closet at the moment.  It is difficult to know how to dress each day.  We go from ice storms to 70 degree days within a 24 hour span where I live.  Layers seem to work the best for now, but I'm looking so forward to days when I can slip into a pretty dress and know that I can wear it all day, feeling good.  Boden is one of my favorite catalogs!  The silhouettes, fabrics, and colors are current while most pieces have a certain timelessness about them.  Know what I mean?

Here are just a few of my new favorites...


I love maxi dresses in the spring and fall, but feel a little too hot in them in the dead of summer. Would love to see this striped maxi topped by a denim jacket (like this one) on cooler days.  


Ever since I saw American Hustle I've been dying to add a wrap dress to my wardrobe (although I'll definitely avoid the plunging neckline worn by Amy Adams, yikes)!  When I was a little girl, Mom wore the Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress and I always thought she looked glamorous and classic.  This silhouette flatters most body types!


Is there anything more feminine than a form fitting pencil skirt?  This one comes in several different color/fabric options including a fun stripe.


I also love an a-line skirt for adding a little curve.  It is hard to see from this image, but the embroidery detail is really quite lovely.  Also available in several colors - the pink diamond is really pretty!


Each year I look for a multi-purpose cover-up that I can also zip into the grocery store wearing (without being too revealing).  This one is perfect!



I love a light sweater in the spring.  This one has 3/4 sleeves and a pretty neckline.  A great basic for sure.


This is also a fun sweater with a little more personality.  


I love to find a jersey shirt styled in a traditional woven silhouette!  It has all the comfort of a t-shirt with the structure and slight formality of a woven shirt.  Perfect for the casual spring/summer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment