Our Entry | An Update

Our cherry tree bloomed over the weekend and it is really putting on a show!  Mr. and I planted it to honor our son the year he was born and it has been fun to watch it (and him) grow over the years.  The blooming period is only about a week long and many times we are away on spring break and miss it.  So we are happy to be here for it this time.


Over the weekend we cut a few branches to place around the house and now we have cherry blossoms in several rooms.  I love it!


I shared a picture on instagram yesterday and it occurred to me that I haven't shown you pictures of our entryway since I painted it a couple months ago.  Technically it isn't finished, because I would like to find a demilune table to replace the little table you see here.

Maybe something like this....


The fact that demilune tables have no corners, would allow us to go with a table that is a wee bit wider than the one we are currently using. A table with two drawers would be so nice too!  Plus I like that there is room below for a chunky basket.

I would also love to add a splash of color to our entry with a turkish rug.  Something like this one....



For those who are interested, here are the paint colors used to make the stripes....


I used this tutorial for making the stripes extra crisp.  Placing the tape on the wall took the longest (which really wasn't that long).  The doors are Chelsea Gray, SW and the banister is Black, BM.  The umbrella stand came from Joss & Main a couple years ago and they just so happen to have one on sale now along with some fun umbrellas that I might have to purchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment