A Birthday Celebration

Last night we celebrated Mom's 70th birthday and I thought it would be fun to share the menu with ya'll. Before I go further, Mom is the reason I love gardening and decorating.  I shadowed her for 17 years and learned and am still learning from her.  Mom and I also share a love of Ina Garten's recipes.  I mean who doesn't?


I'll share the details of this arrangement in another post, but all of the cuttings came from our yard and I was happy with how it turned out.

The Menu:

Baked Potato
Ribeye Steak Topped With Blue Cheese




I served the fresh corn salad on a bed of baby kale.  This might be my new favorite corn salad.


My apologies to my vegetarian friends!  As a side note, I found sliced blue cheese at Costco and oh my!


This is so much better than your every day strawberry short cake.  The cake itself has a delicious flavor and the texture is more substantial than pound cake (which I also love).  Note:  the recipe makes two cakes and you only need one cut in half to make the cake pictured above.  I froze the extra cake to have another time. Oh darn.


Happy birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment