A DIY Foraged Flower Arrangement Centerpiece

Thank so much for the nice comments yesterday!  I agree with each of you - Mom needs to share her secret to aging so beautifully!  As promised, here is a little tutorial for the foraged arrangement I made for the dinner table.


As much as I love having flowers on the table, it is important that they don't block the view of my dinner companions.  With that in mind, I chose an oblong bowl for the arrangement to keep it low.  More on that in a second.


These are the cuttings I used.  Before I started I wasn't sure what I would find in the garden, but I knew that the main attraction would be the chantilly lace hydrangeas.  I basically gathered all sorts of textures with different shades of green.


Here is the bowl I used.  I started by filling my bowl with water and taping a grid with florist tape.  This is such a fool proof way of spreading flowers evenly in an arrangement.  A hunk of oasis in the bottom would also help to hold everything in place, but I skipped that this time.  Because hydrangeas were my main focus, I started placing them around the bowl.


I gradually layered in the greenery.


There's really no right or wrong way to do this and I'm certain that if I made this arrangement today using all the same cuttings, it would look completely different.


That's really the beauty of it.


Once finished, I decided the top needed two more flowers.  So I gently tucked them in last.  I hope you find this tutorial helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment