How to Style Your Coffee Table

I'm thrilled to be joining a group of talented ladies today to chat about coffee table styling.  Thank you to Mary Ann and Cindy for inviting me to participate!  If you are new here, welcome!  If you stopped by today hoping to see Friday Link Love it's right here.  


Coffee tables are great way to bring a little personality into your home and share a little more about yourself.  Depending on space, I prefer a coffee table that is generous in size or as large as a space allows.


I usually start with trays, books, or magazines as a foundation.  From there I like to bring in flowers or plants. Peonies, ranunculus, hydrangeas, and lilies are some of my favorite flowers.  Orchids, succulents, citrus, and ferns are favorite house plants.


A variety of textures and finishes adds to the mix.  Items you may have around the house such as corks, shells, and pine cones add texture.  Brass, hammered silver, and mercury glass are excellent finishes that add sparkle.


Don't forget the bottom of the coffee table.  This is great place for baskets, extra books, magazines, etc.




In the images above I switched out the white tray for this textured scalloped tray.  While I love white on white in the previous images, but a little contrast is nice too.


Here is one more little tweak.  I moved the gold tray under the bowl of corks and brought in the blue and white tray for the succulent to rest upon.  Everything looks better on a tray right?


Our coffee table as seen on instagram the other night.  


Be sure to visit my friends for more coffee styling tips:

No comments:

Post a Comment