Hanging Pictures in the Kitchen

The last time that I shared pictures of the kitchen, the walls were still bare.  I wasn't quite ready to hammer nails into freshly painted walls and wanted to get a feel for things before jumping in.  Until recently, art was propped on the floor collecting dust.

One area that definitely called for art was the area to the left of the sink.

I am not one to hang a picture in every empty spot.  I like for art to "make sense" and feel right in a room.  I try not to force anything which is why it took me a while to commit. 
I thought butterflies would give a graphic punch and  I love that they have a touch of citrus and a bit of blue that I am using in the room.  Sometimes art is the best jumping off point to start the process - now I can pull a blue from the butterflies for the sideboard and trim the shades with the same blue.
Another area that needed  help was the spot behind the stove.  Adding the beaded board back splash left us with a lot of white and an easy place to hang pictures unlike the tile that was there before.
Last winter, I chose this one from a shop on etsy and love it.  We spend a lot of time in the kitchen so having a loving reminder "Southern style" is nice.
Another change was adding this chalk board to the pantry door.  If your house is like mine, you will open the door and find an empty box of whatever you were planning to have for lunch.  This board is here to hopefully eliminate that.  When we run out of something we write it on the board.  Easy - and so far it works.



Just in case you are new to my blog, the long pieces to the left are growth charts.  We have always kept them in the kitchen in this spot.  I love that they blend in with the decor and don't have monkeys and fairies on them.  Find out how to make them here

I have missed having pictures of the boys ever since adding the plate wall.  These pictures have been leaning in our bedroom since last year.  Having those reminders of our little ones was always a bright spot in the kitchen so I decided to bring them back on a side wall. 
This time I used the toothpaste trick for hanging pictures and it worked like a charm.  One hole per picture instead of twenty seven.  On the opposite wall, I am considering making some sort of sign.  Have you ever made one?  I really like this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment