One of the comments that was left was actually a question from Erin who asked:
- Erin had such a great question that I asked her to send me pictures of her window so that we could help her decide what to do. Here is the window...and by the way, aren't the curtains and lamps great?
Some more information from Erin:
"Ideally I'd love to have one blind/shade to span the three paneled windows which measures 83" from end to end (inside mount). Right now, that would cost a fortune for me unless I come up with something creative. The problem is that the interior portions or molding separating each third of the window only measures 1/2" deep, making it difficult to mount three individual blinds the traditional way.Here are three scenarios (please use your imagination and pretend like the sheers aren't there):
The only thing I can come up with is finding something like the old $5 ikea matchstick blinds I had years ago and attach to the top with s-hooks."
1. Go with Erin's original wish and hang one matchstick/bamboo blind at the bottom of the top window casing like this:
2. Hang one shade high along with the curtain rod like this:
3. Hang individual shades for the three windows like this:
I found a source for matchstick blinds called Matchstick Blinds - go figure. They are reasonable, but the shipping is a little high. Also, many lengths are available and you can cut them yourself. All you do is roll them up and use a fine tooth saw or blade. To mount them, all you need is two hooks or screws and they can be mounted from above if needed.
So now it is your turn to help Erin with her windows. What would you do?
Here are a couple more images to help you decide...
Decor Pad


