My Favorite Room: Michelle from Vintage Junky



Today I welcome Michelle from the blog Vintage Junky.  Take it away Michelle!




I was so excited when Rene asked me to do a little tour of my favorite room.  I love her style!  I think that my favorite room in our house is our dining room.




It is the first room that you come to in our home.   It is also one of the first rooms we "finished."  I have been tweaking it here and there bit by bit though.



We recently switched out the chairs that originally went with the table with some curvier painted ones covered in grey linen.  My husband painted the Audrey Hepburn painting for me as a birthday present during our engagement.







I love having fresh flowers... don't we all?  I don't have them nearly as often as I would like though.  I also love ironstone and mercury glass.





Across from the table, I have this little area that I like to change more often than other areas.  I would like to add some other small pieces of art to this area, but I am waiting to find that perfect piece.






We switched out our basic builder chandelier with a vintage one that fits our style so much better.  My clock was a gift from my husband to celebrate me leaving my full- time job to be a work at home mommy.  He knew I had wanted a clock just like this for years.

That's my favorite spot!  I like being out in the front yard and our door being open just a crack and this being what you see.

*****

Michelle your dining room is full of charm and meaningful objects and that is what makes it so special.  Thanks so much sharing your favorite room with us today!  To check out more of Michelle's home and blog go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment