Curtains, The Look for Less

Have you seen the latest Adore Home?  If not, carve out a little time this weekend to click through.  The fresh inspiring interiors will not disappoint. 

When I saw the following images, a diy project immediately came to mind....


 Isn't the trim detail great?  Solid curtains sometimes need a little more interest to make them pop.  Often you see trim on the leading or outer edge, but I rather like this version with horizontal stripes do you?


Even though these curtains appear to be silk or chintz, you could make you own version using a pair of Ritvas and adding grosgrain ribbon.  You could fancy them up even more by adding pinch pleats to the top.  Ritvas are so inexpensive you could double them for added fullness.  I might even try it myself.


This reminds me of my client who wanted horizontal striped curtains in her living.  We considered a couple of options, but when I showed her this image (thank you Fran) she knew in an instant that this was what she wanted.  I am so lucky to have clients with great style.


The plan is to add ribbon to achieve this look.  I cannot wait to see the results! 

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment