My Favorite Room: Primitive and Proper

Today we have a special guest, Cassie from the blog Primitive and Proper.  Cassie is a high energy blogger who leaves me wondering how in the world she gets it all done.  She and her family recently purchased a new (to them) house and have been moving like lightning with room makeovers.  When not working on the new house, Cassie manages a refurbished furniture business.  I seriously do not know how she dose it all.  


Welcome Cassie!

Hi there!  I am Cassie from Primitive and Proper and I am so excited to be here today on Rene's blog, sharing my favorite room!  Cottage & Vine has been a favorite of mine for a long time!  I love Rene's down to earth and classic style, not to mention she is one of the sweetest bloggers out there.  My favorite room in Rene's house is her gorgeous dining room, and my favorite room in my house is also the dining room.  Perhaps it is because it's where we eat????  I do like to eat!

We moved into our new-to-us home in October, and I just love it!  We are somewhat out in the country and the surroundings are so peaceful.  The house was built in 1979, and much of it is still in 1979, so we are working on updating.  So far we have worked on our guestroom, craft closet in the guest room, living room, and the dining room. All in all, I love how this house is coming together and is feeling more and more like home with each project. 

To get the full effect of how far the dining room has come already, I thought I would share with you what it looked like the week we moved in.  I love a mix of modern, vintage, rustic and a little bit o'glam, with a dash of the handmade touch, and I want the rooms in our home to reflect that.



Yikes!  Look at all that brown trim.  Eew.

The first thing we (I say we but I actually did all the work while my husband watched the kiddos!) did was prime and paint the trim white.  I knew somewhat where I wanted to go with a white on top of the chair rail and a gray below but became inspired by an image I found where else but Pinterest!  So I ended up with stripes below the chair rail and LOVE them!

After the stripes were painted I searched high and low until I finally found the perfect sideboard and painted it in the color I wanted.

I wanted to keep the room light and open, so have decided against curtains to really let the view take center stage.   I did add some DIY peacock artwork (inspired by an E-design by Rene!), and we have a smaller little server in there that serves as our liquor cabinet, though I am hoping to find a bar cart.

So are you ready to see my favorite room now?  FYI, it is currently decorated for Valentine's Day in case you can't tell. ;)












The Snowflakes on the wall are left over from my daughter's birthday party, but they were too pretty to take down just yet!


I decorate the sideboard for all occasions!



Valentine's Sideboard





Decorated for Christmas!


We still need to change the light fixture at some point (some point being when I have $300 extra to buy the one I want

And do you want to see the best feature of the room.... the view out the front windows!  Right now it's very wintery with barren trees, but when it snows it looks amazing, and the fall leaves changing were beautiful, too!



And do you want to see the eyesore in the room I avoided so far????



We don't have a great place to put the dogs' bed yet, so here they are(Charlie and Jake), snoozing in the corner!  They are adorable, aren't they?  The dog bed in the corner of the dining room, not so much.  But hey, they live here, too!

Rene, thank you SO much for having me here today to share my favorite room!

*****

What a treat to see this room!  The colors and style are so you and I'm pretty sure the dogs like the stripes ;).  Thanks so much for joining us today!  Check out more of Cassies's blog here.



No comments:

Post a Comment