New {to me} Office

Lots of changes are happening around here and one of them is the location of my office.  For too long my office has been located in a room in the northern end of our home.  The room receives little natural light and I'll just be honest, it can be depressing to work there.  Natural light makes me one happy girl so I have decided to takes my business to the sunroom.  The other day, my husband and I made a road trip to Ikea to check out the desks.

I really like the look of a parson's desk, but no luck.  I did however find this desk.  This scale was perfect and the finish & lines are similar to what I wanted.  I need to find the right hardware - most likely brass.  The bonus is the price - $80.

While I was there, I snapped a few pictures of things that caught my eye.  Maps are so cool - especially big ones!  I could see this framed out or dry mounted and hung on a large wall in maybe a masculine office space or den.  Love the picture lights too.

Clients are often looking for media storage and something to accommodate a flat screen tv.  I really liked this sideboard because it doesn't scream dvd/cable box.  The keyhole is a fun touch and I suppose it could be painted and fun hardware could be added.

Wicker is a great way to add texture to a room, but sometimes the finish/color can be a little off.  This wicker chair is perfect for around $80.

You know how I feel about organization.  Textured  magazine holders & hat boxes are now on my wish list.

Many of my clients ask for ways to add a modern element to their otherwise traditional homes.  A piece of modern art can do wonders to change the feel of a room.

I know we have a love.hate relationship with Ikea lighting, but these funky lights definitely have their place.  Again, a great way to change up a traditional room.



Good gussy, have you seen their tile?  The penny tile is my favorite, but the others aren't bad either.  If you have purchased Ikea tile I would love to hear from you. 


Channeling my inner Iron Chef...I could never go the industrial kitchen route, but have always loved the look.  Do you?

So tell, have you found any Ikea favorites lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment