Boxes of Christmas decorations fill our dining room, piles of magazines and books of inspiration are everywhere, the floors are filthy, the cupboards are bare, yet here I am doing it again. My husband just walks by and shakes his head (would love to know what he is thinking, well maybe not). Are any of you in the same situation?
Anyway, here is what he was shaking his head about. How do you like it? I was in a store the other day and saw hydrangea topiaries then decided to make one myself.
Here is what I did
Paint the cone form before you begin...hind sight 20-20. Trim the individual flowers off the main stem. Begin to glue flowers on with hot glue gun, overlapping as you work your way up.
You will have to hold the flowers in place as they dry.
Ahh the form is covered. Now, trim flowers so that the appearance is smooth.
I used ivory spray paint, but the ones in the store were a soft blue (and were stunning in a group of three). I forgot to take pics of the next step, but place foam oasis inside a container, then glue the base of the topiary to the oasis inside the container. Fill in with reindeer moss.
Some projects feel like they take longer than they really do. This one only took an hour, but felt longer. Maybe it had something to do with all of the things I should have been doing instead of making a topiary.






No comments:
Post a Comment