You may remember the last time that I posted a magnolia wreath tutorial that I promised to also do a tutorial on the Pottery Barn version. I made this promise not realizing that Southern Living was featuring this in the December issue. A promise is a promise and wanting to keep my promise to you and selfishly wanting the wreath for myself, my mother I made
Here's how:
Soak an oasis wreath form in water. You may need to add water as you work with it and I warn you it will be heavy. Simply insert leaves around the edge on the diagonal.
Once you finish with one layer do another until you have two complete layers of leaves.
The next layer of leaves goes on the inside of the wreath in the same diagonal direction as the outside layers.
The final layer goes on the surface of the form. Alternate the leaves to show the front side and back side to get that pretty bronze color.
Here is the large one we made for my mother. We had fun doing this in the rain. Once the wreath was on the door we decided the urns needed a little something so with pruners in hand, we headed back to the magnolia tree. Rain never stopped two wreath makers on a mission.
Here is the wreath we made for my mantle. I still need to decorate the mantle, but at least the wreath is up.






No comments:
Post a Comment