A Rural Connecticut Farmhouse

Hey guys!  I thought we would kick off this new week with a pretty farmhouse tour featured in Country Living.  What I love about this house is the neutral base (duh) that is layered in textures and collected pieces that add warmth and interest.  Chic yet really comfortable and livable.  Take a look.


I love everything about this entryway!  The grass cloth, the topiaries, loads of texture, and collected pieces that tell a story.


You know me and my love of the fiddle leaf fig.  (See this post and this update.)  That wicker day bed is pretty special too!


This makes me want to add to my wooden cutting board collection.


The banquet and green glass are what I love here.  Also, note that the shelves are natural wood which makes perfect sense because there is so much white already.  Balance is a good thing.


The paneled walls add a nice bit of interest here.  And the brass andirons are a bit unexpected and really lovely!


Any time you have a collection, display it together.  This has a greater impact than lots of similar items scattered throughout the house.


That stripe runner is perfect here!


This is my favorite room in the house and quite possibly my new favorite bedroom!  Notice that this is not a bedroom set and the woods don't "match", and isn't it beautiful!?

No comments:

Post a Comment