Adding Texture and Color With Hellebores

Even though much of  the country is still experiencing winter weather, my thoughts are on garden planning. Over the weekend I popped into Lowes to take a look at new plants and was really excited to see some pretty, flowering options by Monrovia.



I've been learning (mostly trial and error other than what I've learned from Mom) about gardening since Mr. and I bought our first house 20+ years ago.  And I 've grown to trust Monrovia as a reliable source for quality plants that last.  As long as I do my part of course :).


Hellebores, also known as Lenten Roses are one of my favorite flowering perennials.  Check here to see if they grow in your zone.  They are one of the first bloomers at our house (zone 7) lasting into summer, provide evergreen foliage, and add lovely texture and color.  They also are great for cutting.


Hellebores prefer a woodland habitat although I planted them in our front yard along with boxwood and hydrangeas.  They receive morning and mid-day sun and are performing as well as the hellebores planted in the backyard garden which has more of a woodland setting positioned in the shade.


I picked up two new colors from Monrovia and couldn't wait to get home to plant them alongside the other hellebores.  Thankfully the weather was perfect last weekend for gardening.  #comebackplease






When I see leaves that are showing signs of age, holes, etc. I trim those.  This keeps the plants nice & tidy season to season.  Learn more about hellebore care at the Monrovia website where you can also research plants for your own garden.  Did you know you can order plants online if you cannot find them at your local garden center or Lowes?  Happy gardening!


Needless to say I was thrilled to be approached by Monrovia who sponsored this post. Thank you for supporting brands that support this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment